Monday 16 May 2016

I need the Sea


Hamworthy Sunsets

I couldn't live away from the sea its in my blood, three generation of my family have work, next to, or on the sea. My maternal grandfather George was a shipwright diver, my father Gordon was an Electrician in Bolsons Ship Yard and I worked for Greenham Marine as a marine electronics service and installation engineer. I was born under a water sign, if you believe such stuff and away from the sea I get restless. Here are a few of my Poole Harbour sunset photographs taken from the Hamworthy shoreline - they are a comfort to me when I'm inland. :0)

Sunset from Lake Pier, the dolphin (mooring post) is
a relic of WWII when a shorts flying boats would
have been stationed here as a coastal patrol.

Low tide at Hamworthy Park (late winter)

Same sunset but earlier on, boy it was cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment